Monday, April 20, 2009

NCAA Gymnastics in NE

My best friend from High School called and asked if I wanted to go to the NCAA Gymnastics Championship and I couldn't say no. For those of you who may not know I competed in gymnastics in Jr. High and High School. I can't say I was a great gymnast but I can say my heart was totally in it and still is to this day. It was a great opportunity I couldn't pass up so Chase and I headed to Lincoln for the weekend.
It was a ton of fun to watch and made me jealous that I wasn't still competing myself. I will eventually get back into coaching so I can live it up in the gym again. I am secretly hoping Chase will want to do it too, but Jonathan says he can't. He says it's for girls and his son will do martial arts. We will just have to wait and see who will win that fight!

Go Big Red!


Chase thought it was funny to watch

While we were in Lincoln we stayed with Chase's Aunt Meggie, Uncle Jessie and his cousins Lucy and Charlie. Lucy and Charlie are pretty big boxers that Chase grew to love. They were very curious and protective of Chase. They would come and check on him anytime he cried and also let him grab at their faces. Chase even figured out that if he did his fake cough they would come running. It was a game he loved to play with them. Lucy even gave Chase a ride. All in all we had a great weekend and can't wait to come back and visit.


Chase riding Lucy with Charlie, Megan, & Jessie assisting

No comments:

Post a Comment