Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nebraska Trip '09

While we were in Nebraska this summer we celebrated the 4th, attended Livi's baptism, celebrated many birthdays, went to the zoo, played at the park, spent an entire night jumping in a bounce house, entered the kiddie parade, watched the big Oregon Trail Days parade, and had some great family bonding (family bondage as Jonathan would put it). It was great to have all the sisters together again with all of our families. Chase loved playing with his cousins and lit up anytime they were around. He truly loves being around other kids and is literally full of laughs and giggles when he watches them play. Next year he will be able to join in on the chaos instead of simply watching from the sidelines.

Some of my favorite times were:

Justin's firework show and the family fireworks

Watching Chase kick his legs and squeal in excitement at the fireworks

Having all the cousins sing I am a Child of God with Chase joining in

Bouncing in the bounce house with my sisters

Passing on my childhood traditions to Chase

Late nights playing games and visiting with my parents and sisters

Making my parents day by singing with my sisters in church even though we all dread it

We had a blast and were grateful for the opportunity for us all to be together and can't wait for it to happen again!




No comments:

Post a Comment